jueves, 18 de enero de 2018

Favorite book

In this post I will write about my favorite books and the reasons that motivate my reading.

Resultado de imagenThe truth is that I do not have a favorite book, but I like reading a lot. My first memories with reading begin when my grandmother gave me books and stories.

From there, I never stopped reading. When I was little, I liked adventure books and stories about animals. Then, when I went to school, I was entertained the horror stories by Edgar Allan Poe. And by the end of high school, my favorite books were The Animal Farm by Orwell, The Steppe Wolf by Hesse and The Stranger by Camus. At that time I also began to read poetry.

Resultado de imagenAt present, my reading is based mainly on books that serve me for my degree, Sociology. In recent years I have read about sociological theory and the different areas of sociology, for example: education, consumption, rural, urban, methodologies, politics, among others.

I believe that reading is very important in the development of people and their understanding of themselves and the world. Currently, I am working on a research on the taste for reading in  students vulnerable of 8th grade.


It has been a great experience to know why children read and how, despite the lack of resources, they have a taste for reading. In this sense, I believe that the encouragement of reading at an early age helps children stimulate their imagination and their curiosity about the world.

5 comentarios:

  1. The research you are on sounds great, very useful.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I read The Steppe Wolf too but I remember that was difficult to understand to me.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Sometimes in the University we let of read books about others things , like literature, poesy, etc :(

    ResponderEliminar
  4. The theme of students vulnerable interest me too. Your research about taste of reading seems interesting.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. oh your research sound very interesting! I hope you enjoy doing it

    ResponderEliminar